Wednesday, May 23, 2012

How's Your Love Life? - Week Three


What Does Loving Yourself Look Like?

Mark 12:31 continues Jesus' greatest commandment with..."Love your neighbor as yourself..." Here you have another example of how we are to love others - the same way you love yourself. But what does loving yourself look like? I can tell you what it's NOT. It's not a self-absorbed, "the world revolves around me" type of attitude. It's not focused only on what you can get from everyone and everything without a thought of giving back and so much more.

This week's lesson looks at the familiar "love chapter" - I Corinthians 13:4-8. These verses are normally noted for the attributes of love we are to show others, but let's turn it around for a minute and look at how they can help us know how to love ourselves in a healthy and balanced way and then we will know how to, in turn, love others.

Take a minute to download the handout and listen to the audio lesson --> here!

Love in Action:: Choose one attribute of love from this lesson and focus on it this week. Search for scriptures related to it, ask God to help you strengthen this area of love for yourself and others and then SHARE it with us here!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

well, this brings a whole new perspective on these attributes. It opened my eyes, there are so many I need help with. I am going to work on not being rude to myself. I am always the one who makes the joke about myself before someone else does because I think it is coming. Or the lady that doesn't know how to take a compliment. I really want to work on this and hope God will give me peace with this.