Monday, October 10, 2011

The Ultimate Team

Are you on a winning team? Are you encouraged knowing someone is cheering for you as you play this game called "life"? Or are you convinced you're a one-woman team who can conquer every challenge that crosses your path? You don't have time to slow down and ask for help and you don't depend on others for assistance.

As we look at John and His relationship with Jesus, we know he was eager to serve and demonstrate his love to Him. He enjoyed knowing Jesus was on his team! They had a special bond that some of the other disciples did not experience with Jesus..but none the less..they were all fighting the same cause. Their mission was to spread God's love and message to the entire world (John 3:16).

Today, I want to share a devotional from the book, Heaven Calling. It's God's message to us - His teammates - as He gives us a pep-talk amidst our busyness.

"Your life is filled with activity, your calendar filled with things to do. Still, your heart's desire is to be my faithful and obedient servant - and that brings me joy.

My child, this fruit you are looking for, the goals you are pursuing - don't forget that they are fulfilled through my sustaining power. As a branch can only produce fruit when connected to the vine (John 15:5), so you can only make a spiritual impact in this world through me. We are in this together and we make a winning team!

So today, take some time to simply rest in me. Draw the strength you need from me. In prayer, in reading, perhaps in taking a time-out from the bustle, turn your heart toward me. I'll provide everything you'll need for the rest of the "game."

Do you feel you're on a losing team today? Does your game of life seem to be spinning out of control due to your busyness, over-booked schedule and others' demands? In John 10:10b, Jesus told us that He came to give us an abundant, full and overflowing life - not a stressful and empty life.

I've written a new workbook based on this verse - Building a Better Life, Not Just a Busier One! As you go through the exercises, you'll learn three steps you can take to start living the abundant life God sent His Son to give us ~ starting today! Visit the Coaching page on my website to learn more and to order your copy. It's time to join a winning team!


No comments: