Friday, May 2, 2014

What's Next?

Good Afternoon,

I know it's been awhile since I've communicated with many of you and wanted to give you an update. I finished chemo in January, had my liver ablation in February and finished 33 rounds of radiation in April. My husband and I just returned from a sunny and relaxing trip to FL - just what we needed after such a loonnnggg and coolllddd MI winter!

I started the anti-hormone pill this week and will be on this for the next 5 years. I have a follow-up CT on my liver next week (5/9) to make sure the tumor has been taken care of with the ablation. Then a mammogram in June - marking the one year anniversary of this adventure. I want to thank you again for all your prayers and words of encouragement. It has meant so much to me and my family.

So what's next for me? That seems to be the question most asked of me these days! I wish I knew :) I do not have another book in the works. I don't have any speaking engagements scheduled. I'm not teaching any classes or studies. To be honest with you, I don't have much desire to do what I was doing a year ago.

Is that a bad thing? I go back and forth with that, but I do believe God has something planned.....I just don't know what it looks like right now. I hear my own words in my head saying that "God never wastes a hurt or painful experience." "The things we go through prepare us to better help and relate to others".....etc.

As God knows how much I am struggling with what's next, He sent a message to me this morning via the Blueprint for Life blog entitled Stuck In-Between. I've provided the link for you to read and/or pass on to someone who needs an encouraging word.

 So...when I move from this stuck place, you'll be the second to know. So until then, enjoy today!

Tonia

No comments: