Thursday, May 14, 2009

Identify God as your Guide

A - True freedom is not in choosing your own way but in yielding to God's way.

S - "Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path." ~ Ps. 119:105

A - Are you ready to identify God as your Guide for the path He has for your life? Or are you still stuggling to give up control and completely surrender, commit and trust Him with your all? Either way, God is there waiting for you to take the first step with Him ~ He won't leave without you!

Often Satan will try to disguise or hide God's path from you. You know the last thing he wants you to be doing is following God and His plans. He might make another way look more appealing and attractive. Maybe it will appear to be an easier path; all downhill, with a smooth and comfortable walking surface. It may be full of beautiful resting places and the surroundings are pleasurable to the senses. But, what waits around the corner? Where does this path lead? How can you tell if it's God or the Enemy leading you?

Our verse, Psalm 119:105, provides the answer. It tells us that His Word is a lamp that guides our feet and a light for our path. You need to know His Word in order to follow it! You need to know His Word in order to hear Him! You need to know His Word in order to know who to follow. Notice that His Word is a lamp, not a spotlight or a beam. It sheds just enough light to keep you depending on/trusting in Him to lead you in the right direction. By not being able to see what's up ahead, you're not tempted to run off on your own.

In Psalm 25:4-5, David is asking his Guide to ~ "Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Another verse I love to cling to is Psalm 32:8 ~ "The Lord says, I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." Yea!...I never have to walk alone and neither do you!

P - Are you ready for God to show you, teach you and guide you? Confess any areas where you're still trying to be your own guide. Ask God to take you by the hand and help you walk away from the things that are keeping you from complete acceptance, committment and trust.

Next Time...Obedience :)

No comments: