Wednesday, June 13, 2012

How's Your Love Life? - Week Six


How Do We Love Others?

As we wrap up this six-week series looking at loving God, loving ourselves and loving others, we're at the point where we ask "How do we love others?" Is it really as difficult as it seems? Is it even possible to love everyone? Let's look at 3 simple things we can do in order to fulfill God's greatest commandment.... "to love one another as I have loved you!"

1) Care - Simply showing people that we care about them shows love. Paul tells us in I Corinthians 13:3, "If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it: but if I didn't love (care for) others, I would have gained nothing." Are we walking the talk of love?

2) Bear - Are you willing to love others by bearing their burdens; by taking time to focus on their needs instead of your own? Better yet, what about following Colossians 3:13 - "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." Hmmm....

3) Share - We show others our love by sharing our time, talent and treasure with them. Hebrews 13:16 reminds us "...to do good and share with those in need. These are the sacrifices that please God." Sometimes sharing requires sacrifice on our part, but know that's the kind that makes God smile!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thks Tonia. Good Review of the study. : ) I look fwd to your next class. --K

Tonia said...

Thanks Kathleen - I'm glad you enjoyed it and God spoke :)